BID AND WIN this vehicle on www.WheelerAuctionGroup.com
This was General Motors only air cooled engine. The Corvair was the first Turbo Charged production vehicle and the first boxer flat six cylinder (before Porsche). Excellent condition throughout.
The previous owner spent over 5 years in restoring this beautiful example. The restoration included:
1. New frame off paint finished in Corvette color Jet Stream Blue base with clear coat.
2. New interior, new foam in seats, custom two tone blue and black with Chevy Logo stitched on.
3. New headliner, carpet, rear cardboard in fold down seat and rear window. Front seats are 1967 Corvair, more sporty and comfortable.
4. Engine rebuild includes- TRW forged pistons and Isky cam. Turbo charger and carburetor have been totally rebuilt by the best in the community.
5. Telescopic wood steering wheel, factory original turbo dash with all gages and tachometer (only in turbo models),
6. American racing 15 inch wheels and performance tires.
7. All window trim and chrome is original and has been polished and restored, rear bumper is new.
The current owner finished the restoration with:
1. New mechanical fuel pump.
2. New gaskets for all turn signals and stop lights (front and rear)
3. Complete tune-up with new spark plugs, high end oil change, new belt and distributor cap.
4. Replaced Pitman arm bushing.
5. New hazard light switch.
6. New heater fan motor.
7. New hoses and valve for windshield washer.
8. New voltage regulator.
9. New front directional light sockets
The current mileage shows 91,000 miles with true mileage unknown due to age of the vehicle. Less than 2,000 miles have been added since the completion of engine, turbo charger and transmission re-build.
The current condition of the car is possibly better than when it rolled out of the assembly line.
The original body is by Fisher and it was assembled at the GM plant in Willow Run.
Clear Arizona Title in current owners (seller) name.
Vehicle is located in Washington State, USA. Bidder/Buyer is responsible for pickup or shipping from this location to wherever they want it shipped to.